Friday, December 01, 2006

True or False: Men Need Meat

Brrrr!!! This has been one cold week in the Great Northwest and over at my everyday blog coats have been the topic. On the heels of a major food failure (dinner served at 9 at night, due to ... yada, yada), I'm back to thinking about seasonal eating. Here's the question:

Do men NEED meat? More specifically, do men need more protein than women? And do we all need more protein in the winter?
Popular among budget-conscious young mothers, I've served plenty of meatless meals; but honestly, if I had it to do over again, I'd feed my husband more meat. Oh wait, that last statement belongs on my other blog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True. My man does. The only meatless meals we eat are when it's just me and the girls at lunchtime...or when we're having breakfast for supper (which my guy actually likes...scrambled eggs/waffles, etc).

The other night I tried to use up some hot bean dip and hot salsa/cheese dip for supper with tortilla chips and he finished off an entire bag of chips! That kind of supper just doesn't fill up his monster! I should have known better...

11:43 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That sounds like my husband! He will get up from a light meal and go into the kitchen directly after dinner and eat a bag of chips.

I really should know better, but the frugal in me has a hard time at the meat counter.

11:59 AM  
Blogger erin is nice said...

men may claim that they need a lot of meat, but actually, younger women who are having kids need a lot more protein than men!
also, red meats are better for women than men, because we metabolize cholesterol much better.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

You raise a really good point about younger women who are having kids. Thanks for taking the time to comment! And Merry Christmas!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home